Bunnykins Pottery by Royal Doulton began as eight rabbits from the village of Little Twitching and the original artwork was created by Sister Mary Barbara bailey in 1934, her father was the general manager of Doulton in the 30s, there are two types the chinaware and the figurines.
Tableware were produced first, the figurines did not start production until 1939 and consisted of 6 designs production was then halted due to World War 2 when all the Doulton factories were closed. Doulton did not re-start the production of Bunnykins figurines until 1969 when they purchased the Beswick factory. They are still produced to this day.
Bunnykins Dinnerware has made feeding times for children more helpful in finishing their meals, with the designs showing the Bunnykin family in various activities, the figures are also collected by young and old folks alike.
The rarest pieces are those signed by Vernon. Royalty have been known to have used the tableware of Bunnykins.