Wade manufacture porcelain and earthenware and based in factory in Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent. In the 1950s, Wade potteries famous for its creation of "Whimsies", a small solid porcelain animal figures which was first developed by Sir George Wade, and became very popular and collectable in Britain and America.

Wade has also produced many licensed pieces based on popular TV shows, comic books and Disney films.

History

The company was established in 1810 by Henry Hallam and produced ceramic industrial fittings. The company moved to Burslem and it was taken over and called Wade & Colclough in 1867. John Wade started his own company in 1887 called Wade & Co.

By the 1940s there were three Wade pottery factories owned by brothers William, Albert J and George Wade, who were John Wade's three nephews.

Following the death of Sir George Wade in 1986 at the age of 94 years and the death of his son George Anthony (Tony) Wade of Leukaemia in 1987, the Wade potteries were taken over by Beauford Plc in 1998 and were renamed Wade Ceramics Ltd.

Beauford Plc's pottery factories were taken over by a management buyout in 1999 becoming a wholly owned subsidiary of Wade Allied Holdings Ltd.


« Previous1234
The merchants listed on Pottery Collectables operate independently from us. We do not assume responsibility for transactions conducted with them. Some images as seen or as described herein are for descriptive purposes only. Trade names and Trademarks referred to within are the property of their respective trademark holders.

Copyright © Pottery Collectables | Privacy Policy | Contact Us